Nordlinger

Jay Nordlinger had about the same reaction as me to the debate, and gives some more detail about where the President failed last night.

On a side note, I wonder the effects of spin-meisters spinning Bush's side last night. I was aghast watching Karen Hughes tell the world Bush slam-dunked the debate. Does that change anyone's mind who actually watched it?

If I were a fence-sitting voter, and I watched with my own eyes Bush stumble through 90 minutes of debate, robotically repeating the same four paragraphs over and over, I'd think, "well, he didn't do too well." If I then saw everyone on his side saying what a great job he did, I'd be inclined to think, "well, then I guess their side doesn't have a whole lot to say."

Maddening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Predictions (Part II)

"Their success is our failure."