Fortunate Son

So the Kerry campaign is going to start with the "Fortunate Son" theme.

The problem, it seems to me, is that the song featured prominently at the 1988 convention. I was in high school at the time, and dumb enough to be supportive of Dukakis, and I remembered Neil Diamond's "America" (hey, son of an immigrant!) and CCR's "Fortunate Son" (GHWB was the son of a Senator).

Can't seem to find confirmation of this but it's seared into my memory, because at the time I juxtaposed it with Bush's convention theme of "Don't Worry, Be Happy," which I thought horribly insulting.

Given that Kerry ignores that he was ever Lt. Governor in the Dukakis administration, it might be instructive if he were to actually tell us how any of his policies differ from the "Massachusetts Miracle" man's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Predictions (Part II)

"Their success is our failure."