Just to Clarify

My good sense told me "don't post a thing" regarding the Red Sox win Friday night. I thought maybe if I didn't do any idiot-Red-Sox-Fan predicting, I wouldn't hurt the team, but in my heart I knew better, and I also knew I had to risk it... for the sake of the blog.

I would like to declare for the record that I do not begrudge the Yankees any of their money, as I am a capitalist. I would also like to concede Stephen's point that many of those who are anti-Yankees spout leftist drivel. In fact, I commented to a friend recently on the topic of anti-Americanism, and explained that it was very much like hating the Yankees. They have the success, the history, the legends, the ballpark, the mystique, and of course all the money. No other team quite measures up in this regard, so the reaction is envy. But no one wants to admit being envious, so they become a little mean, a little irrational, and work up a good jealous hatred. They become like Europeans.

Of course, I hate the Yankees for none of those reasons. I hate them because they always beat my team.

Ultimately though, we Sox fans are in a more enviable position. When Boston finally does win another World Series, we'll experience joy like nothing you could possibly fathom. Each defeat we endure will make that day sweeter.

At this point, I should probably hope for defeat, because there are still things I'd like to do in life, and the celebration might kill me.

Comments

A. Savona said…
I think this is our year. No one will fight harder in the playoffs.

Popular posts from this blog

Predictions (Part II)

"Their success is our failure."